Monday, February 13, 2012

Radio, We Need to Talk


Radio, you know I love you. Even when most people have moved on to customized music experiences I still come back to you. I like the fact that I don't know what's coming next, but if this relationship is to continue, we need to lay some ground rules.

First, country radio, stop playing Big & Rich. While I appreciate the sentiment of "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy," that song is terrible. Big & Rich isn't even a thing anymore...this song should join them in nonexistence.

Next, every radio station ever, stop ruining Adele for me. I adore her, her songs and voice are gorgeous, but guess what?! She has 2 whole albums worth of music. Stop just grabbing a song and playing it until I never want to hear it again. You drilled "Someone Like You" into my skull so hard it has lost all meaning and emotion behind the song; same with "Rolling in the Deep." Now you've turned your obnoxious, dead horse beating on "Set Fire to the Rain" Please stop the madness. I want to love Adele forever and you're making it hard.

Lastly, who decided LMFAO gets to be famous? No one ran it past me. They are terrible. Plus they're taking advantage of the music buying public: "Oh we had one song people liked, now we can just re-release the same song again, but with the word sorry thrown in there." And neither of them are sexy in any way, shape or form. 


These guys lost their dictionary
Please just fix these few things, Radio, and we can get this lovin' back on track.

1 comment:

  1. Can I sign this petition? Because I SCREAM any time Adele is on the radio, and I actually like her. THE RADIO IS MAKING ME HATE HER.

    ReplyDelete